Sunday, July 13, 2008

Family Time!!!

The arrival of my sister, brother in law, and niece and nephew was the usual tornado of activity. They also brought with them a new puppy, Archer, which made things even more excited. He is about 3 1/2 months old and a ball of energy. Cousteau had his hands full, but they got along beautifully and enjoyed playing with one another!
I won't bore you with the details of our first night and instead move on to Saturday's hike to Williams Lake, above the Taos Ski Valley. It was spectacular. The hike is a 2 mile, lightly strenuous walk to a beautiful alpine lake, called Williams Lake. We got the whole family up to the lake and enjoyed the view. Of course all that is fun usually has something happen. This time it was a fall from some boulders for my sister. She ended up needed 4 stitches on her knee after a stop at the Taos emergency room. She is doing much better, if a bit uncomfortable and stiff.
Tired and hungry, we all headed to a local fine dining establishment in Arroyo Secco where my brother-in-law knows the owner and the head chef. It was a good meal, yet had some surprising lapses in service and not all of our meals were near spectacular. I think we will try it again sometime, but lets hope for a better experience.

The next few days I hope to relax some more and get some reading done. David Sedaris' new book is waiting to be read!

SO... thanks for tuning in. I probably will be offline until Wednesday so later until then.

Tim- Out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a trip! I had no idea (or had already forgotten) the extent of it, as opposed to a 3 day haul from CA to IL.

Car was purchased just for this trip? You plus a dog and everything else you own, in a hatchback - I envision a clown car.

Say hi to your folks from me.