Sunday, July 20, 2008

High ground to flatland

Hi All, been a few days since the last post. Since Thursday, I have traveled from Taos, NM to Dallas, to Dauphin Island, Alabama and then a short jaunt to Panama City, FL where I am staying the night before heading to see my folks in Indian Harbour Beach, FL. I have traveled about 1500 miles in two and half days. A bit more driving than I had wished but I have had some great fun in between!
This is the short of it:

1. a wonderful trip out of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains during a beautiful morning light, the red rocks slowly subsiding to lush green ranch land of full of cattle.

2. a great evening of boating on a large lake in Dallas while eating Uncle Julio's TexMex and floating around on floats.

3. staying with good friends on Dauphin Island in Alabama, eating Teddy's amazing smoked meats, fishing and playing hours of fetch on the beach and even going to the Alabama Deep Sea Fishing Rodeo... yep that is right - a Fishing Rodeo? yeah, never heard of one before either.

4. Getting back to my roots while driving through the Redneck Riviera otherwise known as Panama City Beach. Git-R-Done!

Thanks for stopping by and look forward to more posts. Some will be "Flashbacks" from my journey as I think back on some funny stories or odd happenings.
Tim-Out

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hola Tim! It's always nice reading your travel notes/blog. Congrats to you and your co-pilot for all the mileage covered in record time! Glad to know you had fun and that all is well. Btw- what did your friend at Dauphin Island catch? It looks like a mini-SHARK??

Tim said...

uh... yeah that is a baby black tip reef shark. Not unlike what one might find tons of on the Great Barrier Reef! just waiting to grow up and nibble toes!