Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Scary, Scary, Scary


Yeah this is definitely one place I am not planning on staying! Even if they allow pets! Of course I love signs that have all the jumbled up words. You can imagine just about anything you might want. Say:
Senior, Clean Pets?
Clean, Mini Breakfast - Well I hope it is clean!
Ok Truckers... git r done!

Well, you get the picture. If you have any of your own add 'em. Been trying to figure out a way to make the blog more interactive. Was thinking I could post options for what I should do the next day and any of you could vote? Any other ideas, let me know. Otherwise you are just reading about my boring trip. Steve Hamlin suggest a map with photos etc... here it is!

On that note... Should be heading out early tomorrow. I want to get through Zion early in the morning while it is still cool. I have managed to take my Southwest journey during the hottest heat wave come this way in a while (or so far this year they are sayin'). Thus, it is not too fun around here between the hours of 10 am - 10 pm. Plus, many of the sight are not so pooch friendly, which means leaving him in a boiling, black car. Not a good idea. So, I am thinking I will head to Durango tomorrow for some cooler weather. It is also only 4 hours from Taos, so I can get there Friday by when the Langenbahns (brother in law and sister and kids) arrive. They are only there through Sunday, so if I am going to see them, this is the window.
Kind of cuts my trip a bit short for the four-corners region, but with this heat wave it is not so bad. Can't do much anyway. I will take some short trips from Taos and possibly one overnight, camping excursion from there early next week when things cool off a bit. This is definitely a part of the country that I would love to explore more during the right time of year and sans C. He is great, but definitely puts a damper on exploring NP land. Forest land is OK, but too hot right now anyway and I don't have 4W drive vehicle to get to the best spots.
I posted the route earlier in the morning - I think I am supposed to put a note to that effect but not sure of the protocol.
It was actually a beautiful drive, even if I was constantly worried about breaking down. The pooch is doing very well despite being holed up in a car 8 hours a day.
Tim - Out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your blog is super fun to read Tim! Nada boring! I like the map idea with picts to better visualize your route. The links you post add flavour to your story and make it somewhat interactive already. I am definitely game for voting when/if you are undecided as to what next. Go, Tim, go!
ps: maybe driving a black car through the Extraterrestrial Highway was a good thing cuz your car didn’t flare– so you and the pooch were safe from being kidnapped by little green men!
A demain-hasta maƱana! Have a safe drive to Durango! =)

Unknown said...

I vote that you go back and spend one night at the Clown Motel.

Scaaarrry!