Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Traffic, Tailights and RAIN and Reward

OK... so I have made it to Mammoth Lakes and settled in for the evening.
Stats:
Miles traveled. (MT) from now on: Not sure... will update tomorrow. Around 300+
Route: I 580, I 205, SR 120 all the way to Yosemite, SR? 335
States: CA

I want to start off with this: Bay Area Traffic / East Bay traffic stinks! After an hour or so of wasted time getting to the outer fringes all was good.

Driving to Yosemite was pretty non-interesting. Other than HOT HOT HOT! Holy frijoles! Not sure how those folks in the central valley deal with the heat! We stopped for lunch at the one and only In-n-Out Burger and I ordered up a #2 animal style! Cousteau did his treats and water as usual.


We made it to the park around 2:30 pm. Just in time for rolling thunderstorms. We tried to do some hiking but wet was not what I wanted to be. Nothing like wet dog smell for rest of the trip! We managed to see some of the important sites but as it was my first day, I was not all for too much dilly-dallying. The rest of the drive through the park was amazing. Shear cliffs and beautiful meadows met us at each bend. Of course C was just sleeping the day away except those times when would swerve into an overlook to check something out.



I am still easing into this story telling, but hope to start getting my wit on over the next couple of days.

BTW... Rusty - nothing like I would have thought.

Oh and the tailights... one Brake Light is out and Johny Law let me know it! Luckily he was very nice and let me off the hook...Now have to get that figured out tomorrow a.m. Hopefully just a bulb or fuse.

That is the first day.
Tim out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That burger looks delicious! Timing was kind of a bummer, but seeing a rainstorm in California in Summer is pretty neat.

Unknown said...

holy frijoles, Tim! what a fun start! c'estait un trés bon blog! I really like your picts and your writing is so fun! cant wait to read what comes next! =)